Riak crashing with {lucene_parse,"syntax error before: "AND""}

Spike Gronim spike at wavii.com
Mon Nov 7 13:04:41 EST 2011

Hello,

My Riak servers are misbehaving when users enter invalid queries. The gen_server erlang process for the PB transport dies but the overall OS level process is still alive. I am exclusively using PB to access Riak, so everything grinds to a halt. I plan to work around this by writing a Riak nanny that verifies that somebody is listening on the PB port every 60s, but I think that this is actually a bug in Riak. I have tried to find other references to this bug in the mailing list archive and bugzilla but haven't found any. If this is really a bug I will write up a more detailed repro in bugzilla. Thanks.

Crash report: https://gist.github.com/82eaaa8fa8a994999872

Spike Gronim
spike at wavii.com<mailto:spike at wavii.com>