Consistency in riak/luwak

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:28:06 EST 2011

A couple of things:

I may be wrong on this (no being specifically familiar with Luwak's internals), but when using RIak there's no guarantee that the data is actually written to the node you connect to. If you connect to Node3, the data may be written to Node6, Node9, and Node1.

As far as the failures, you're most likely seeing a Luwak error because it's still replicating data across the ring. I have no idea how you're actually going to get around this because the Luwak API doesn't seem to offer a way to tune eventual consistency and say that a read is good if only 1 node responds.

The question I'd ask is "What is the likelihood that a user will immediately try to access an object that they have just uploaded from their own device?"

---
Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar PLF, LLC
Microsoft SQL Server MVP