Nodes neither leaving nor joining the cluster

Alexandre Ravey alexandre.ravey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:54:56 EST 2011

Hi Nitish,

Did you change the node name or IP at any point?
If so, you need to reip your node(s).

Run riak-admin status and check the node name in ring_members, must be
the same as your actual node. (ie, same ip and node name).
Check also that you are not using xxx at 127.0.0.1 if your nodes aren't
on the same physical box.

If it's a test cluster you may just rm /var/lib/riak/ring/* (node
down) and join again.

Regards

Alexandre