Riak Recap for November 4 - 8

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed Nov 9 13:41:43 EST 2011

Morning, Afternoon, Evening to All -

For today's Recap: new code, press releases, and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-----------------------------------

Riak Recap for November 4 - 8
=======================

1) Jon Brisbin did some more work on his jstatebox project.

* Details here ---> https://twitter.com/j_brisbin/status/133916979131187200

2) Dave "dizzy" Smith was named Erlang User of the Year.

* Press release about it here --->
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/david-smith-named-erlang-user-of-the-year-by-erlang-solutions-ltd-1583479.htm

3) Mark Cavage released version 0.1.13 ldapjs-riak.

* Details here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/nodenpm/statuses/134316325752410112

4) Scott Lystig Fritchie's "DTrace and Erlang" slides are online and viewable.

* Immerse yourself here --->
http://twitter.com/#!/slfritchie/status/133831632003137536

5) Thanks to everyone who was able to come out to the Riak 1.0 Release
Party last night. (Details on the are here: http://bit.ly/oE5RVz) The
talks were recorded and will be online soon.

* In the mean time, I thought this photo was worth sending along --->
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4584848/Riak-1dot0-party.jpg

6) We have a new feature request up on features.basho.com from Fredrik
Lindström.

* Read, vote, and comment here --->
http://features.basho.com/entries/20657847-2i-support-in-luwak