Riak crash on node restarts

Jeremy Raymond jeraymond at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:48:01 EST 2011

I'm using Riak 1.0.1 and I have a script that deploys updates to each of my
3 nodes to update the Erlang mapred modules. What I do is stop a node,
deploy the new mapred modues, restart the node, wait for the riak_kv
service to start, then move onto the next node. Sometimes when I do this
one of the nodes that is not the current one being updated will go down.
Each time this has happened thus far it's been the same node that will go
down (the last one). I see this error in the logs:

[error] Failed to start riak_kv_eleveldb_backend Reason: {db_open,"IO
error:
/var/lib/riak/leveldb/913438523331814323877303020447676887284957839360/MANIFEST-000002:
No such file or directory"}

If I manually restart the node, things go back to normal. Any ideas on
what's going on? I've attached the error log.

--
 Jeremy