Eleveldb backend randomly chewing all disk

David Smith dizzyd at basho.com
Tue Nov 15 18:25:51 EST 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Elias Levy <fearsome.lucidity at gmail.com> wrote:

> This morning, while performing a query against one of the nodes, Riak
> crashes.  I then notice there is no disk space left.  Upon investigating, I
> see that all disk space is being consumed by the eleveldb backend.  All 45GB
> of of.  Looking at the other two nodes I see that they are respectively at
> 1% and 4% disk usage.
> Anyone seen that before?

I have not seen this error before; have you been able to reproduce?

The logging is consistent with various bits-and-bobs of MR/Pipe
shutting down -- nothing serious that I can see. It could very well be
related to deletion, but I would be surprised to only see one node
having issues with it.

D.

--
Dave Smith