i2 roadmap?

Elias Levy fearsome.lucidity at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:44:15 EST 2011

Is there some roadmap for 2i features?

We are currently using search for indexing as we need to perform compound
queries.  After some testing I found that if we could use i2 we probably
see 4-5x improvements in insert throughput and and 1.5-2x in querying
times, depending on the query.  We can work around the lack of an
intersection operation (AND), by implementing the filtering in a MR phase.
 My testing shows that is sufficiently performant in many cases.  But we
are  in a bind by the lack of a union operation (OR).  Executing multiple
individual exact matches introduces too much latency given that we may have
hundreds of exact matches in a single query.

A more general solution to the lack of a union operation would be to allow
multiple "inputs" statements to a MR job, although the the job may have to
perform some deduplication or just accept dups, depending on how the inputs
are structured.

If would also be rather handy if the key filter language could be applied
to matching secondary indexes.

Elias