riak java client

Russell Brown russell.brown at me.com
Thu Nov 17 08:49:45 EST 2011

On 17 Nov 2011, at 10:20, sergey wrote:

> Thanks Russell!
> I use raw client:
>
> rawClient = new RiakClient("127.0.0.1")
> pbcClient = new PBClientAdapter(rawClient)
> riakObject = RiakObjectBuilder.newBuilder("users", userName).withContentType("application/json").withValue(userInfo).build
> pbcClient.store(riakObject)

The builder appends the UTF-8 charset if you call `withValue(String)`. I'm wondering how this causes a problem. If you do the PUT with curl and set the content-type to "application/json:charest=utf-8" does it work? What version of Riak are you using, please? Are you actually using the UTF8 charset?

riak_idx_docmusersmuser1lhmvaluem+{"email":"email at email.com","pass":"123123"}lhm+{"email":"email at email.com","pass":"123123"}kjjjjdtrue

riak_idx_docmusersmuser1lhmemailmemail at email.comlhmemail at email.comkjhmpassm123123lhm123123kjjjjdtrue