JSON / PB ?

Jeff Kirkell jeff.kirkell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 09:28:28 EST 2011

You have a couple options. Using PB requires encoding the data for the trip
to Riak and decoding when pulling data out. You could use the AJAX call
from the client to call the server. The server then pulls does the
encode/decode piece and abstracts Riak much like normal web applications
do. The major difference in the approach between PB and not is the encode
that is done and the performance gains. You always want to put the server
as the intercept between the client and Riak because there is no inherent
security like you are used to in RDBMS.

When I am trying to get stuff prototyped, I tend to stick with JSON because
it is less work then add the encode and PB piece if and when I need the
performance.

Jeff