Faster deletes?

Aron Bartling Aron.Bartling at ask.com
Thu Nov 17 12:27:57 EST 2011

I'm setting up record deletion jobs for a 10 node Riak cluster that is hosting 15 buckets. The deletion is based on the timestamp incorporated into the kay and the rolling window differs from bucket to bucket. I'm constantly inserting records with a peak rate 3500 per second. The deletes are running at 2 records a second. How can I speed this up? Can I ever achieve rates of deletion as good as or better than the rate of inserts?

The current delete job is using the Riak python driver with PBC and rw=0.

Thanks,
Aron