Regarding Data Information On Riak Cluster

Ian Plosker ian at basho.com
Thu Nov 17 18:37:28 EST 2011

Sagar,

The beauty of Riak's use of consistent hashing is that you don't have to worry about the exact location of your data. It is automatically replicated to `n` vnodes (default: 3). You can specify a write quorum value, `w`. Writes won't be considered successful until they have been written to `w` vnodes. I suggest you read the following section of the wiki: http://wiki.basho.com/Tunable-CAP-Controls-in-Riak.html. You may want review the entire Riak Fast Track (http://wiki.basho.com/The-Riak-Fast-Track.html); it will get you up to speed on the basics of Riak.

Ian Plosker
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies