Listen to Put Event in Riak

Eric Fong ericff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 20:19:06 EST 2011

Hi

I want to use Riak to remove the single point of failure.
As I know, if you want to remove the single point of failure in RabbitMQ,
you also need another cluster system or some complicated setting which I
think is too heavy.

So far, I think use the post-commit hook to directly kick off the external
process will be a simple and enough for me (Not sure what will it will be).

I think it would be nice to have a built-in distributed list or
queue (special bucket or record) implementation (like Redis?) in Riak will
be really nice feature.

Thanks
Eric

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Jon Brisbin <jon at jbrisbin.com> wrote:

> This is a situation similar to one I had in mind when I wrote the Riak ->
> RabbitMQ integration. Think of it as a distributed database trigger. It is
> a post-commit hook, as Russell mentions being the way to achieve what
> you're looking for, but this post-commit hooks sends out an AMQP message
> telling subscribers about new data coming into Riak.
>
> https://github.com/jbrisbin/riak-rabbitmq-commit-hooks
>

> Thanks!
>
> Jon Brisbin
> http//jbrisbin.com