slow 2 node cluster

Erik Søe Sørensen ess at trifork.com
Sun Nov 20 07:21:36 EST 2011

This depends quite a bit on the sizes of your objects.
Supposing an average size of 2KB, and n=3: on each write, on average 1.5 of the replicas would be on the other node, implying inter-node network traffic of 1.5*2KB=3KB (and this is just in one direction).
If your inter-node network connection is indeed 10Mbit ~  1MB/s, then 300 writes/s * 3KB = 0.9MB/s would just about saturate the connection.

You may want to check the network utilization.