Faster deletes?

Keith Irwin keith at zentrope.com
Fri Nov 25 16:06:03 EST 2011

I'm still interested in this problem (deletes lagging way behind inserts). Is there anything about the technology of Riak itself that might explain this, or is it instead something to do with the map/reduce phase in order to find keys to delete?

Andy indicated that the map part of what he was doing was really fast, but iterating deletes were the problem.

Perhaps spinning up a lot of concurrent deletes is the key?

Keith