Setting up a project on top of Riak

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Mon Nov 28 09:12:33 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Mathieu D'Amours <mathieu at damours.org> wrote:
> How should we set up a development environment so that Riak and all other Erlang applications works, and lets us build our different stuff (storage backend, vnodes, web app) on top of it? What's a good way of having good versatility when developing? Do we always have to go through rebuilding a brand new package after each modification?

Hi, Mathieu.  I think a good place to start might be reading another
recent thread on this list about "Integrating Riak":
http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2011-November/006615.html

Specifically, Sean Cribb's suggestion near the end of the thread,
about using -pz and -s options in Riak's vm.args configuration, will
likely give you the best flexibility in developing so closely to Riak.

-Bryan