Riak Recap for November 23 - 27

Jeff Kirkell jeff.kirkell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 22:10:18 EST 2011

6) Q --- Are people running riak natively on osx (for development) or
running on a vm that matches production?  (from kenperkins via #riak)

    A --- Anyone? (We had a similar thread on the list several months
back about this but I figured it couldn't hurt to open it up to more
discussion.)

For me, I always develop directly on the Mac first using the standard 4
node environment. When the initial work is done, it is moved up to a shared
environment which uses multiple physical Linux machines like production.
Setting the ulimit solved the problems I had although I think the wiki's
command were not correct and I had to find the exact settings elsewhere.

Jeff