Using (parts of) Bitcask backend as a cache store

Kresten Krab Thorup krab at trifork.com
Tue Nov 29 05:28:05 EST 2011

Jeroen,

You can run multiple bitcask backends using the multi_backend, and configure them differently (one with a timeout and one without).  That's what we do when we need this.  The only issue is that you need to watch the number of file descriptors, since even one bitcask is pretty fd-hungry :-)

Kresten

Mobile: + 45 2343 4626 | Skype: krestenkrabthorup | Twitter: @drkrab
Trifork A/S  |  Margrethepladsen 4  | DK- 8000 Aarhus C |  Phone : +45 8732 8787  |  www.trifork.com<http://www.trifork.com/>