Luwak PUT Content-Range

Greg Stein gstein at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:53:47 EST 2011

On Nov 29, 2011 5:08 AM, "John Axel Eriksson" <john at insane.se> wrote:

> Is it possible to incrementally add to a file in Luwak using PUT and the
Content-Range header. I just assumed that it was but I can't seem to
> get the expected results, it just overwrites whatever the key contents
were before. The reason I want to do this is because we have some pretty
> large files I don't want to load fully into memory before PUTing them.

Hmm? You can read from a file and write to the http socket. There is no
reason or need to load the entire contents into memory.

I don't know what client you're using, but I do know the Python client is
broken in this regard. It erroneously loads the full content into memory.
But there is nothing from the Riak server that demands such an approach.

Cheers,
-g