Secondary Index ??

Roland Karlsson roland.karlsson at erlang-solutions.com
Wed Oct 5 08:45:38 EDT 2011

Hi,

I might not look hard enough - but I cannot find how to use
the secondary indices from the riakc erlang client interface.
No example and no manual.

I need a simple example how to write an indexed object
and also a simple example how to look it up via the index.

This is my own try to write and lookup an object
It does not work :)

write_index(Pid) ->
    Bucket = <<"persons">>,
    Key = <<"bosse">>,
    Index = {<<"lives">>, <<"sumatra">>},
    Obj = riakc_obj:new(Bucket, Key, <<"1949">>),
    Meta = dict:store(?MD_INDEX, Index, dict:new()),
    Obj2 = riakc_obj:update_metadata(Obj, Meta),
    riakc_pb_socket:put(Pid, Obj2).
read_index(Pid) ->
    Bucket = <<"persons">>,
    Index = <<"lives">>,
    IndexKey = <<"sumatra">>,
    riakc_pb_socket:get_index(Pid, Bucket, Index, IndexKey).