Vote for Distributed Counter

Alexander Sicular siculars at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:02:41 EDT 2011

 Hello Registered Voters!

It's early stage election season and like all good election seasons you need a candidate you can get behind. A candidate you want to have a beer with. A candidate that can go all... the... way. And that is why today, I bring you Distributed Counter. You may have heard about Distributed Counter around the way but I am here to set the record straight.

I'm not gonna blow smoke in your general direction and say that Distributed Counter will cure cancer and put money in your pocket. Nevertheless, if you feel better and can take your sweetheart to the movies this weekend I'm not gonna say that Distributed Counter was not responsible for that. Because Distributed Counter may very well have been! Not only does Distributed Counter have the right stuff when it comes to domestic issues large and small but Distributed Counter groks foreign relations. Distributed Counter is loved by our allies the world over. Especially in Europe. Also, Asia.

And so, without further ado I give you the opportunity to pull the lever for Distributed Counter!

http://bashofeatures.zendesk.com/entries/20532586-distributed-counters

Thanks for your support!

Payed for by Distributed Counter for Riak Committee 2012

Distributed Counter says: "I approve this message."

Letterman says....

Top 10 Reasons Why You Want Distributed Counter In Your Riak:

10. Bucket Deletion may be your front runner but anyone can loop over a key list.

9. It is a great feature add for Riak.

8. You are OCD and you need to count everything. Twice.

7. You have a large jar of jelly beans on your desk and you always wanted to know how many were in there. You know this can help you... somehow.

6. You know you want to.

5. You wrote a background process android pedometer app but you don't trust local storage :(

4. It is one of the reasons you use Cassandra and would rather not.

3. Redis has become a single point of failure for you.

2. You think I'm awesome and if I had a bridge to sell you you would buy it.

1. Those slackers at Basho have nothing better to do since they unleashed secondary index.

Cheers,
Alexander
@siculars
http://siculars.posterous.com