Lager question - how do I turn off truncation?

Andrew Thompson andrew at
Tue Oct 25 13:02:30 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 03:30:25PM -0700, Bryan Hughes wrote:
> Hello,
> We have switched over to lager but have a problem with it truncating
> large records similar to io:fwrite() ~P - how do I turn this off, or
> switch it to ~p?
> Thanks so much for your help.  Probably something simple that I am missing.

So, this is technically a 'feature', in that lager protects you from
printing massive terms and out-of-memory killing your node. However, the
limit at which lager kicks in and starts limiting the message size is
hardcoded right now to 4096 bytes. I can easily make that configurable,
so you can bump it up if needed, you'll just have to be careful you
don't push it too high.