Riak Recap for September 1 - 2

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Sep 2 17:28:02 EDT 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning, to All -

For today's Recap: Meetups, new code, new production users, slide
decks, and more.

Enjoy, and have a great weekend.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-----------------------------------

Riak Recap for September 1 - 2
=======================

1) Basho Developer Ryan Zezeski is in Baltimore and is looking for
other like-minded Baltimoreans for talk Riak with (for meetups.
presos, etc.). If this is you, shoot an email to rzezeski at basho.com.

* Some details here --->
https://twitter.com/#!/rzezeski/status/109123324851929088

2) Mårten Gustafson (@martengustafson) posted a slide deck a few days
ago from a recent talk he gave called "Approaching and evaluating
NoSQL." Riak gets a non-trivial mention. Thanks, Mårten!

* Check them out here --->
http://marten.gustafson.pp.se/content/presentations#TOC-Approaching-and-evaluating-NoSQL-20

3) John Newman joined the Basho Team as a Developer Advocate.

* Details here on the Basho Blog --->
http://blog.basho.com/2011/09/02/John-Newman-Has-Joined-The-Basho-Team/

4) Riak 1.0 Preview Meetups are happening in both San Francisco and
New York on September 8th. If you're in the area and already
registered, you should do so; seats are going fast.

* SF --> http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Riak-Meetup/events/30127311/
* NYC ---> http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Riak-Meetup/events/29181101/

5) We added three new logos to the "Who is Using Riak" page on the Wiki.

* Clipboard.com --->
http://wiki.basho.com/Who-is-Using-Riak.html#clipboard (Thanks, Ken!)
* GitHub ---> http://wiki.basho.com/Who-is-Using-Riak.html#github
(Thanks, Corey!)
* Mochi Media --->
http://wiki.basho.com/Who-is-Using-Riak.html#mochimedia  (Thanks,
David! Also, it should be said that Mochi has been in production for
over year now.)
* And if you've got a logo for the wiki, don't hesitate to fork the
wiki repo and add your details (or email me) --->
https://github.com/basho/riak_wiki

6) Looks like Duncan McGreggor has his Django Riak Engine up on
GitHub. (I posted a link to the Launchpad repo for this code in the
last recap.)

* Code here ---> https://github.com/oubiwann/django-riak-engine