Node riak at 192.168.56.101 is not reachable!

Antonio Ye antonioye at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 23:20:37 EDT 2012

I have been struggling with this problem for the last the days. I have
setup two VMs using VirtualBox running centos and installed riak 1.1.1-1
rpm. I have changed the 127.0.0.1 to the actual IP in the app.config and
have changed the name in the vm.args on each of the VMs. I can ping,
telnet, ssh from one machine to the other but no matter what I do I keep
getting the not reachable error when I type 'riak-admin join
riak at 192.168.56.101'. I have read and tried everything described in a
thread talking about this problem in a EC2 cluster but nothing I do seems
to work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!