Riak Fuzzy search support

Alexander Mikhalev a.mikhalev at shopitize.com
Sat Apr 7 17:57:33 EDT 2012

Hello Guys,

I am trying to find out how riak search supports fuzzy search with tilda (~) operator. I know doc says http://wiki.basho.com/Riak-Search---Querying.html#Fuzzy-Searches not supported, but few people were trying to convince me otherwise, so I decided to test it with fresh riak install:

curl -X PUT -H "content-type:application/json" http://localhost:8091/riak/demo2 --data @-
{"props":{"precommit":[{"mod":"riak_search_kv_hook","fun":"precommit"}]}}

curl -v -X POST -d '{"name":"Innocent Apple Juice (900ml)"}' -H "content-type:application/json" http://localhost:8091/riak/demo2

http://localhost:8091/solr/demo2/select?q=name:Innocent works fine - as expected output of the record added above,
however even changing one letter and setting fuzzy threshold ( I presume related to Levenstein distance?)  http://localhost:8091/solr/demo2/select?q=name:Innocenq~0.3 does not produce any output.

So I presume it's not implemented yet, what are the plans to update fuzzy search in the future?

Regards,
Alex

PS. Given similarity in syntax of proximity searches and fuzzy searches will it confuse riak search?

Dr Alex Mikhalev
Head of Architecture and Development
Email: am at shopitize.com
Skype: alex_mikhalev