Riak Adoption - What can we do better?

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Thu Apr 19 13:31:15 EDT 2012

At this point Riak has been deployed thousands of times. This is excellent,
but as you can imagine we here at Basho feel this is just the tip of the
iceberg. We want everyone to be running Riak. The software obviously needs
to solve enough problems for people to want to deploy it. However, we need
to get the software into developers' hands before this happens.  So the
question is:

What can we be doing better?

I'm not talking so much about features in Riak itself. I'm more interested
in the other resources, tools, docs, processes, etc., that you think we
need to put in place or refine to take the Riak community from 1000s of
users to 100,000s of users. By virtue of being on this list, you've all
spent some time using or investigating Riak. As such, you're opinions and
experiences would be very valuable.

Any comments, ideas, or thoughts you had would be great. On or off-list
will work.

Thanks for your time. Long live the vnode!

Mark
twitter.com/pharkmillups