Riak Adoption - What can we do better?

Evan Kinney Evan.Kinney at sas.com
Thu Apr 19 13:53:27 EDT 2012

Upvote for a book like this.

I've spent a good deal of my time when evaluating Riak searching the Googles (and perusing the Basho git repo - thanks for that, by the way) for information like this. This list is a great resource (and so is the wiki, for that matter) but having a set of defined and sanctioned "best practices," as it were, in such an easily-avaialble and accessible form would be killer. I'm sure Packt (or maybe even O'Reilly!) would love to pick up something like this.

Heck, I'd even offer to help write it; my love affair for Riak is already at a ridiculous level as it is.

A good example of this is the MySQL Cluster project. I'm intimately familiar with its internals, as I've written many patches for the engine... but it's hard to explain to other people (especially management). Alex Davies published a book through Packt that explains everything and even gives advanced performance tips and scenarios. I keep this on my bookshelf in my office and hand it to anyone who comes to me asking about NDB stuff.

---
Evan Kinney
Systems Architect, Research and Development
SAS Institute Inc.

P.S.: This is what part of the alphabet would look like
      if "Q" and "R" were eliminated.