Riak Adoption - What can we do better?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Apr 19 15:25:40 EDT 2012

On 04/19/2012 07:31 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:
> What can we be doing better?
>
> I'm not talking so much about features in Riak itself. I'm more
> interested in the other resources, tools, docs, processes, etc., that

I may have missed it, but my customer is using CouchDB (guilty for
introducing it) and regarding a move to Riak one question that was
raised is the lack of a "Riak workbench". CouchDB has something very
simple, the Futon, but it is also lacking IMHO.

So I think lots of developers feel a bit intimidated by the fact that
they can't easily "browse and query" the db and do simple manipulations
etc. A good solid tool for that would probably be of great help for
adoption.

And yes, I agree, it is not really important for real production use of
Riak, but we are talking about *adoption* and then it's fairly important.

regards, Göran