Riak Adoption - What can we do better?

Paul Gross pgross at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:47:26 EDT 2012

>> 1. Add other data types like lists and sets. With lists, features
>> like blocking pop would be great.
>
> Please consider how such a feature would behave in the presence of a
> network partition. This *is* possible, but there are significant
> consistency or performance tradeoffs required.

Conceptually, a bucket is a list of documents. So you could handle lists
and sets in a similar fashion during a network partition. Each side
would see its own list, be able to add and remove. When the network was
restored, it could merge the lists (with deletes). There are definitely
intricacies to work through, but I think it's possible.
>> MongoDB also has capped collections which keep a fixed number of
>> documents.
>
> Strictly speaking, they don't.

Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,