Riak Adoption - What can we do better?

Buri Arslon buriwoy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 19:23:43 EDT 2012

+2 for a book; O'Reilly would be nice
+1 for quality screencasts
+1 for a tutorial for newbies like Django has
+1 gui admin like pgadmin or mysqlmyadmin

I didn't read Mathias' book, but my impression from Table of Contents and
sample.pdf was that it's very easy-read, good to understand the concepts.
Some coupon/discount would be nice :)

My own imagination of a potential reader for "Riak: The Definitive Guide"
book is:

- He has some knowledge of RDBMS, but not guru
- Almost no knowledge about NoSQL.
- May migrate to Riak from SQL database, say mysql.
- May know some Erlang
- learns better by looking how it's done
- concept/theory should be followed by application of it.
- use cases (when it is more than appropriate to use Riak, and when not)
- schema examples
- O'Reilly book

It looks like I described myself, I'm afraid. :)

And the last point was my personal preference as I have 50% discount as a
member ;)

-- buriwoy