Riak Anomaly

Zheng Zhibin witeman.g at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 02:05:21 EDT 2012

/Witeman

在 2012-4-21,上午8:04,Buri Arslon <buriwoy at gmail.com> 写道:

> Another thing that I noticed:
>
>   - /data directories aren't same size
>
> /data directories in the cluster of (dev1, dev2, dev3) should be the same size, right?

Should be or should not be, it is uncertain.  Since every box(physical node) claimed for vnodes from the dynamo ring. Each vnode is the data unit for data storage. If n=3, then one set of data will be stored by 3 copies.  If the copies of all data are averagely sparse on each box, then the positive answer, otherwise negative.
> -- buriwoy
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Buri Arslon <buriwoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Yesterday and today I've experienced anomaly in Riak DB.
>
> :list_keys() is showing 2 keys. Each time I perform this it fetches two keys but one of them is always different (different key, different value). So, I guess there are three k/v stored in the DB.
>
> Before that, I had deleted /data directory from all nodes (dev1, dev2, dev3) to clean the DB.

There maybe some "left" data. I suggest that rm -rf dev1 dev2 dev3; then rebuild.