riak-admin leave behavior

Michael Radford mrad at blorf.com
Mon Apr 23 21:23:07 EDT 2012

Can someone from Basho clarify?

I understood "handoff" to mean just that it was handing off
*responsibility* for a vnode to another node, and not proactively
creating additional replicas of the data. This information just came
from our technical contact at Basho on 4/18, so I would assume it's up
to date. But I would be happy to learn that riak-admin leave now does
the right thing.

Mike