Backing up riak

Swinney, Austin Austin at vimeo.com
Tue Apr 24 12:31:17 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using leveldb on a 5 node ec2 cluster.  I've read about the basic tar zipping of leveldb and ring files per node.  Also, I read about riak-admin backup all.

I'm curious about a couple things.

1) is the `riak-admin backup all` command non-blocking?

2) is it a consistent backup or is consistency old fashioned thinking?

3) if you use the tar'ing up of leveldb + ring files per node, you lose one node, then you restore it from this tar file that is hours or days old, how does riak deal with bringing its data up to date?

Thanks Riakers!

Austin