Riak Adoption - What can we do better?

Thomas Burdick tburdick at wrightwoodtech.com
Tue Apr 24 14:56:00 EDT 2012

Hi!

I guess I'd really love to see the equivalent feature set that the
distributed Erlang client (riak_client.erl) has in the PB client *OR* the
distributed Erlang client as a usable library.

Really it just comes down to ease of use. I'd love to have a Erlang client
that makes it extremely easy to connect to the whole ring of nodes and
magically pick the right nodes to talk to, knowing when and if a node is
down or added and continuing to work appropriately. As a bonus I'd love to
be able to just directly use my own modules for MR functions without having
to deploy them to riak nodes in some manner. Like having the PB client let
me upload a .erl file and have it be available for usage in MR work would
be awesome. Give people a default flag of disabled for that if you guys
feel its a huge security hole.

Thanks!

Tom Burdick