Similar equivalent to mongoimport

yatr_98 at yahoo.com yatr_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 15:37:12 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am just starting out with Riak
and am switching over from MongoDB. I have many GB of data in either
JSON or XML and was wondering if there is a way to import this in a bulk
 manner to Riuk. For MongoDB, I put each json file in one text file with
each json document on one line and use mongoimport to upload to a
collection. Is there an equivalent thing to mongoimport in Riuk? If not,
 how can I get this data in. Also, is it ok to interact with Riuk using
Ruby as I do not know Erlang?

Lastly, am I right to assume that a bucket is similar to a collection in mongodb and the key/objects are the documents?

Thanks very much for the help.
Mark