Read-Write-Read for enforcing read-repair

Ersin Er ersin.er at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:33:15 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am new to Riak and its concepts and just trying to see whether it can fit
into my domain of applications. I am working on core Java server software
systems (no enterprise, no heavy sql) and I am very used to having control
on all of data in memory with strict semantics.

So for one of the cases I am evaluating Riak, I need to make sure that when
a transaction (or request) is executed and finished, db value it resulted
 also has been persisted at its final form which does not have any
conflicts waiting to be resolved by other processes. Result of the
transaction is sent back to the client and it's unacceptable for this
result to be invalidated by another process which overwrites this result in
db due to conflict resolution routine.

The question is whether a read-write-read sequence is acceptable or applied
pattern for such cases or are there any other solutions to this problem? Or
am I just expecting too much?

Thanks.

--
Ersin Er