riak failed to start up

Richard Heycock rgh at roughage.com.au
Tue Aug 7 23:30:13 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Sangeetha.PattabiRaman2's message of 2012-08-07 21:15:16 +1000:
> Hi ,
>
> Can any one help me on the start up error ..thx in advance
> [root at CTSINGMRGTO riak]# cat console.log
> 2012-08-07 09:13:54.260 [error] <0.164.0> CRASH REPORT Process riak_core_capability with 0 neighbours exited with reason: no function clause matching orddict:fetch('riak at 127.0.0.1', []) line 72 in gen_server:terminate/6 line 747
>
> [root at CTSINGMRGTO riak]# riak start
> Attempting to restart script through sudo -u riak
> /etc/profile: line 31: id: command not found
> /usr/sbin/riak: line 6: uname: command not found
> /usr/sbin/riak: line 6: [: too many arguments
> /usr/sbin/riak: line 30: whoami: command not found
> sudo doesn't appear to be installed and your EUID isn't riak

This looks like your PATH isn't being set. Is "sudo -u riak"

sudo -u riak sh -c 'echo $PATH'

should show something like:

  /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

try getting a shell as riak:

  sudo -u riak -i

checking the path is ok and run it from there.

rgh

[e]:  rgh at roughage.com.au
[im]: rgh at jabber.org

You're worried criminals will continue to penetrate into cyberspace, and
I'm worried complexity, poor design and mismanagement will be there to meet
them - Marcus Ranum