riak failed to start up

Sangeetha.PattabiRaman2 at cognizant.com Sangeetha.PattabiRaman2 at cognizant.com
Tue Aug 7 23:33:25 EDT 2012

[root at CTSINGMRGTO riak]# sudo -u riak sh -c 'echo $PATH'
/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
[root at CTSINGMRGTO riak]#   sudo -u riak -i
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: tty: command not found
-bash: grep: command not found
-bash: sed: command not found

Still the same .unable to start

-----Original Message-----
From: riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com [mailto:riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com] On Behalf Of Richard Heycock
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:00 AM
To: riak-users
Subject: Re: riak failed to start up

Excerpts from Sangeetha.PattabiRaman2's message of 2012-08-07 21:15:16 +1000:
> Hi ,
>
> Can any one help me on the start up error ..thx in advance
> [root at CTSINGMRGTO riak]# cat console.log
> 2012-08-07 09:13:54.260 [error] <0.164.0> CRASH REPORT Process
> riak_core_capability with 0 neighbours exited with reason: no function
> clause matching orddict:fetch('riak at 127.0.0.1', []) line 72 in
> gen_server:terminate/6 line 747
>
> [root at CTSINGMRGTO riak]# riak start
> Attempting to restart script through sudo -u riak
> /etc/profile: line 31: id: command not found
> /usr/sbin/riak: line 6: uname: command not found
> /usr/sbin/riak: line 6: [: too many arguments
> /usr/sbin/riak: line 30: whoami: command not found sudo doesn't appear
> to be installed and your EUID isn't riak

This looks like your PATH isn't being set. Is "sudo -u riak"

sudo -u riak sh -c 'echo $PATH'

should show something like:

  /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

try getting a shell as riak:

  sudo -u riak -i

checking the path is ok and run it from there.

rgh

[e]:  rgh at roughage.com.au
[im]: rgh at jabber.org

You're worried criminals will continue to penetrate into cyberspace, and I'm worried complexity, poor design and mismanagement will be there to meet them - Marcus Ranum