riak failed to start up

Sangeetha.PattabiRaman2 at cognizant.com Sangeetha.PattabiRaman2 at cognizant.com
Wed Aug 8 03:57:05 EDT 2012

Thanks a lot team reinstalling riak riak-1.2.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm fixed my issue..thx in bunch

Regards
sangeetha

-----Original Message-----
From: riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com [mailto:riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com] On Behalf Of Richard Heycock
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:16 PM
To: riak-users
Subject: Re: riak failed to start up

Excerpts from Joseph Blomstedt's message of 2012-08-08 16:30:14 +1000:
> The error you're getting is related to "riak_core_capability" which
> didn't exist in Riak until Riak 1.2.0. It looks like you somehow ended
> up installing Riak 1.2 RC1, not Riak 1.1.4. Keep in mind that RC1 was
> the first "release candidate" (hence the RC) and there were a total of
> 7 RCs before we release the final version of Riak 1.2. All RCs before
> RC7 had major release blocking bugs. There was a capabilities related
> bug that was fixed in the later RCs, so you're likely hitting a
> capabilities bug that has since been fixed.

Just for the record is that the platform_*_dir stuff in app.config?

rgh

[e]:  rgh at roughage.com.au
[im]: rgh at jabber.org

You're worried criminals will continue to penetrate into cyberspace, and I'm worried complexity, poor design and mismanagement will be there to meet them - Marcus Ranum