Riak Python client connection pooling using gevent

Parnell Springmeyer ixmatus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 04:52:51 EDT 2012

I've been needing the Riak Python client to handle pooled connections (including pooled connections to multiple nodes) and decided to re-work (just barely) the current riak-python-client to use gevent's queue to do thread-safe and light-weight Riak connection pooling.

There is a very minimal change to the RiakClient() args but it's to make it more intuitive.

I'm emailing the list in the event anyone is in need of this (as I was).

I'm using gevent-1.0 beta release but it also worked entirely fine on gevent-0.13.x

https://github.com/ixmatus/riak-python-client