How to profile a cluster of Riak nodes

Alexander Sicular siculars at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 11:57:09 EDT 2012

I hate to use your post as an example, Amir, but your post is a perfect example of "according to my benchmark your product did not meet my performance expectations; oh ya, I'm not gonna tell you anything about the benchmark or the environment I was running in." Everybody, please stop doing that. It really isn't helpful... to anyone.

Please resubmit your inquiry including, but not limited to, the following details:

Hardware - ie. hard drive details, memory, processors, etc.
Network - ie. speed. dedicated network, switch, etc.
OS - ie. linux flavor, version, etc.
Data - ie. size of keys, size of values, number of keys, etc.
Riak specific - ie. config file, n val, backend, etc.
Benchmark specific ie. concurrency, transport (http vs pb), time duration of benchmark, key distribution (linear, random, pareto)

Best,

-Alexander Sicular

@siculars