Reasons for using gen_server to gather statictics with folsom

Zhemzhitsky Sergey Sergey_Zhemzhitsky at troika.ru
Fri Aug 10 10:33:10 EDT 2012

Hi riak gurus,

Recently riak 1.2 has been released that uses folsom library to gather statistics.

I’d like to use the same library (folsom) in my application so could you answer the following questions:

1.       Why separate gen_servers (riak_api_stat, riak_core_stat, riak_kv_stat) were used to gather statistics instead of the direct calls to folsom_metrics through some more high-level api?

2.       What is the purpose of riak_core_stat_cache and what it is intended to do?

Best Regards,
Sergey

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the original intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp