LevelDB memory problem crashes Erlang

Joseph Blomstedt joe at basho.com
Fri Aug 10 17:46:13 EDT 2012

Leo,

This sounds like a tuning issue, the defaults for LevelDB (esp. on
Riak 1.2) use up a decent amount of RAM. There should be upcoming
documentation on all of this, but things are still in the works. In
any case, we should be able to help you out here on the mailing list.

A few questions:
1. What version of Riak? Is this Riak 1.2?
2. How much RAM do you have on your node?
3. Is this a 64-bit machine?

Regards,
Joe