Basic Setup Question - Mac OS X

Kelly McLaughlin kelly at basho.com
Sat Aug 11 17:49:19 EDT 2012

Michael,

If you delete the ring files from each release directory (rm -f data/ring/*)  and change the ports as Alexander mentioned then it should work for you. That error message is not really very clear so that's something we should probably work on improving, but since you already started the node as 'riak at 127.0.0.1' the quickest way to reset it is to delete the ring file. Also, there is a devrel target in the Makefile that will generate 4 nodes for you with the ports already setup. After running 'make devrel', just look in the dev directory and you should have four release directories (dev1-dev4) ready to go. Hope that helps.

Kelly