riak-erlang-client issue with Riak EE 1.2

Dave Parfitt diparfitt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:22:42 EDT 2012


Hello Julian - 

  A new version of the riak-erlang-client [1] was recently released that changes riakc_pb_socket:search/* to use protobuffs instead of map/reduce. Give that a shot first and let us know if it works for you.

Cheers -
Dave

[1] https://github.com/basho/riak-erlang-client/


On Aug 16, 2012, at 6:51 PM, Julian wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Recently, we upgraded our Riak cluster to 1.2. I hear that one of our buckets has been wiped and reloaded, but our index (Riak search is enabled) may not be in a consistent state. This has led to an error in code using riak-erlang-client 1.2, shown below.
> 
> One of the intriguing things I find is that the exception is listed as occuring in one of my own processes that is doing json decoding, however I have checked the json by saving it to a file and it does not contain the data shown inside the 'struct' in the exception. The only explanation I can come up with is that the badmatch is occurring within riakc_pb socket and was triggered by my call to riakc_pb_socket:search/6, and the process link is somehow influencing the crash report.
> 
> 1. Is there a newer version of riak-erlang-client that might fix the issue? I noticed that though labeled v1.2, it came out in April; has there been a client code update for EE 1.2?
> 2. Would it help make my code more robust if I tried to filter out these not_found's so it wouldn't reach the client? As in http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2012-January/007075.html
> 
> 
> (module names edited slightly)
> 
> =CRASH REPORT==== 16-Aug-2012::21:44:52 ===
>   crasher:
>     initial call: xx_acl_query:init/1
>     pid: <0.159.0>
>     registered_name: []
>     exception exit: {{badmatch,
>                          {not_found,
>                              {<<"a65796222ea26bb7b355bf140dbd5b72e81efee1">>,
>                               <<"000018e5-accf-fff1-8123-1efee1">>},
>                              {struct,
>                                  [{p,[0]},
>                                   {<<"account_id">>,[<<"0000005427">>]},
>                                   {<<"account_type_id">>,[<<"3">>]},
>                                   {<<"id">>,[<<"6373">>]},
>                                   {<<"status">>,[<<"Deleted">>]},
>                                   {<<"type">>,[<<"account">>]},
>                                   {score,[1.0]}]}}},
>                      [{mochijson2,tokenize,2},
>                       {mochijson2,decode1,2},
>                       {mochijson2,json_decode,2},
>                       {lists,map,2},
>                       {lists,map,2},
>                       {xx_acl_tree,from_json,2},
>                       {xx_acl_query,load_instance_,2},
>                       {xx_acl_query,bootstrap_accounts,1}]}
>       in function  gen_server:init_it/6
>     ancestors: [xx_cache_sup,xx_acl_sup,<0.108.0>]
>     messages: []
>     links: [<0.132.0>]
>     dictionary: [<omitted>]
>     trap_exit: true
>     status: running
>     heap_size: 832040
>     stack_size: 24
>     reductions: 30690459
>   neighbours:
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Julian Pellico
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> riak-users at lists.basho.com
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20120817/b393ec50/attachment.html>


More information about the riak-users mailing list