Reasons to think of MTU size and avg value size?

Patrik Sundberg patrik.sundberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 05:54:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

I was just pondering a bit here - any pointers to think about in terms of
MTU settings for a network with a riak cluster and clients? (let's ignore
any other traffic on the network) It'd seem a good idea for MTU >
median/mean value size (when we're talking about value sizes that aren't
huge, kilobytes), but then there's the internal chatter in the cluster etc
and it's not obvious what the trade off is.

I didn't see it discussed in the mailing list much before.

Thanks,
Patrik