Postcommit hook and creating a new object

Yousuf Fauzan yousuffauzan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 06:29:25 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have written a post commit hook on one of my buckets such that every time
data is stored, it creates a new object in another bucket and stores it.

My problem is that I do not wish to overwrite existing object in this other
bucket. The way I am achieving this right now is pretty crude, I try
getting the object and if its not found then I store it otherwise not.

Is there a flag like if_none_match for riak local client? If not, is there
any other way to do the above without issuing a get first?

--
Yousuf
http://fauzism.com