riak 1.2; bloom filters for levelDb

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Fri Aug 24 10:33:47 EDT 2012

Hi Eric,

Yes, Bloom-filters are enabled by default in Riak 1.2. You should not have
to change the setting at all; in fact, many of the LevelDB settings in 1.2
should not be changed without a strong understanding of their implications.
Tuning it is difficult and should be done carefully.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Eric Abbott <eric.abbott at tapjoy.com> wrote:

> Through a cursory inspection of the 1.2 source code I gather
> that by default bloom filters are enabled for levelDb.
> The param appears to be use_bloomfilter and take a boolean
> or a bit-per-key value. However the documentation online for levelDb does
> not
> yet reference that parameter.
>
> Am I correct that bloom filters are enabled by default?
> If the documentation does get updated, will there be guidance on
> the bit-per-key value vs. expected largest level size?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Software Engineer