Riak taking up lots memory on a write heavy bucket?

Metin Akat akat.metin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:11:27 EDT 2012

Hi Mark,

Our dev cluster is:
3x  1 core, 1G ram x86 ubuntu 12.04  VMs
plus 2x 2core 4G ram x64 ubuntu 12.04 VMs

I know, this is probably suboptimal, but it's only used for development.
So far it seems that the memory usage has auto balanced around 500-600M per
node (regardless of server's available memory)
Before introducing the functionality with the bucket in question, all nodes
used < 100M RAM. This is still the case on our production cluster (which is
not yet merged). As far as I see, there isn't any big problem for us
merging this, as 500-600M is fine, especially as we are not experiencing
any problems like loss of data or whatever.

Nevertheless, I send you the cluster-info output file, if you are
interested to investigate it.