Riak 1.1 and Innostore 1.0.4

Jared Morrow jared at basho.com
Tue Feb 21 08:46:51 EST 2012

Riak Users,

We are pleased to announce the release of Riak 1.1.   This release is a special one because it introduces both our new administration console Riak Control and our new diagnostic package Riaknostic.   Most importantly to some of you though, is its much improved behavior in large clusters.

Download here: http://basho.com/resources/downloads/

The best way to learn about everything in 1.1 can be found in the release notes here: https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES.org  There are some known issues listed as well, so please take the time to look through it.

The Riak Chef Cookbook has already been updated for 1.1 and can be found on Opscode's community site: http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/riak

----

With the 1.1 release of Riak, we also are releasing the 1.0.4 version of Innostore.   If you are a innostore user, you must use version 1.0.4 with Riak 1.1.   You can find the latest innostore on the downloads page: http://basho.com/resources/downloads/

One other thing to note, the naming has changed a bit in innostore to more closely resemble the package names of Riak.   *el5 == RHEL 5, *el6 == RHEL 6, and *fc == Fedora   This is different than Innostore 1.0.3, so update your download scripts accordingly!

----

The first link I posted has a link to a webinar registration that is happening on February 29th and will be an overview of all of 1.1's features from Dave "Dizzy" Smith.   Please think about attending!

Thanks as always for being an amazing community!
-The Basho Team