running Riak on the BrightBox Cloud
tim at blackstag.com
Thu Jan 5 11:47:55 EST 2012
For -> 3) John Leach wrote a great guide for running Riak on the BrightBox Cloud.* Read and build here ---> http://brightbox.com/blog/2012/01/04/riak-cluster/
Has anyone had success running a large Riak cluster on a VPS? I'm considering using this service since the price point is right, but I am wondering about the viability.
From: "Mark Phillips" <mark at basho.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:26pm
To: "riak-users" <riak-users at lists.basho.com>
Subject: Riak Recap for December 28 - January 3
Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -
Big Recap for today: lots of Q & A, new code, meetups, and more.
Happy New Year.
Riak Recap for December 28 - January 3
1) A Riak script was added to Nmap
* Announcement here ---> http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q1/11
* Script details here ---> http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/riak-http-info.html
2) The next Bay Area Riak Meetup is happening on January 18th at the
* Details and registration here --->
3) John Leach wrote a great guide for running Riak on the BrightBox Cloud.
* Read and build here ---> http://brightbox.com/blog/2012/01/04/riak-cluster/
4) For anyone who'll be in/around Copenhagen in early March: Basho,
Trifork, and Erlang Solutions will be holding another NoSQL Roadshow
on March 2nd.
* Details here ---> http://nosqlroadshow.com/nosql-cph-2012/
5) This isn't specific to Riak but very applicable and interesting
nonetheless: a group at Berkeley is working on testing just how
"eventual" eventual consistency actually is in Dynamo-style systems.
You might be surprised...
* Research and in-browser demo here --->
6) 0.2.3 of ldapjs-riak is now available.
* On GitHub here ---> https://github.com/mcavage/node-ldapjs-riak
7) The Riak Knowledge Base got a lot of updates over the past week.
(For those of you who don't yet know about the KB, enjoy.)
* Which file system available in Linux is preferred for Riak
* How do I specify the location of the erlang crash dump file? --->
* How can I observe object sizes and sibling counts? --->
* Are Riak generated keys unique within a bucket? --->
* Can a cluster contain nodes running different operating systems?
1) Sean merged some code from David Czarnecki into Ripple.
* Details here ---> https://github.com/seancribbs/ripple/pull/257
riak-users mailing list
riak-users at lists.basho.com
More information about the riak-users